Schizophrenia is a long-term mental health condition. It causes a range of different symptoms and is different for everyone. Doctors often describe schizophrenia as a type of psychosis. This means the person may not always be able to tell the difference between their own thoughts and ideas from reality.
Possible signs of schizophrenia
- Hallucinations – seeing and hearing things that are not there.
- Delusions – strong beliefs experienced by the person but are not believe by others.
- Confused thoughts caused by the hallucinations and delusions.
- Loss of interest in everyday activities.
- Not caring about personal hygiene.
- Withdrawing from people and not wanting to see them.