Autism is a lifelong developmental condition that affects how people perceive the world and interact with others. Autism can sometimes be known as ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder), ASC ( Autism Spectrum Condition) or Asperger’s. Autism can cause people to see, hear and feel the world differently to others. All autistic people share certain difficulties, but being autistic will affect them in different ways.
Autistic Spectrum Society and NHS
Possible signs of autism
- Difficulty communicating and interacting with others.
- Difficulty understanding how others think and feel or expressing their own emotions.
- Find certain things and situations overwhelming or stressful especially related to the senses e.g. bright lights or loud noises.
- Difficulty managing change or unfamiliar situations.
- Do or think the same things over and over again.