We all feel low at times, maybe things aren’t working out at home, or school has become a problem, that’s normal. But if you’re really down or if you feel low over a long period it’s important to recognise that you may be suffering depression.
You wouldn’t be alone though. Depression is one of the most common of mental illness and fortunately there’s plenty of positive support available.
- Not wanting to do things that you previously enjoyed
- Avoiding friends or social situations
- Sleeping more or less than normal
- Eating more or less than normal
- Feeling irritable, upset, miserable or lonely
- Being self-critical
- Feeling hopeless maybe wanting to self-harm
- Feeling tired and not having any energy