Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a developmental condition that affects social behaviour and speech. Though not a mental illness in its own right people with autism often suffer from mental health problems with 70% experiencing conditions such as anxiety, depression or OCD.
People with Asperger’s Syndrome, a form of autism, can sometimes find it difficult to socialise.
- Problems reading body language, understanding jokes, sarcasm, facial expressions and common phrases
- Difficulty recognising or understanding other people’s emotions, and expressing your own
- Finding it hard to understand other people’s thoughts and actions, predicting what will happen next, and understanding danger
preferring familiar routines
- Having intense and specific interests in things
- Repetitive movements such as twisting your fingers
Get a further understanding of Autism
Useful information & self help for Parents
Useful Mobile Apps